Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, July 27, 2007

Les Thugs : Radical Hystery

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Kept it in France for this post. Les Thugs. Another John Peel favourite. I owe so much of my listening taste to Peel as do many people of my age.
Les Thugs were a great band, formed 1983, with a sound that fitted right in with many of the American West Coast Hardcore bands of the time, early Social Distortion, Youth Brigade, Moving Targets et al. but still with a unique sound of their own. Joy Division playing Buzzcocks numbers? Maybe.
Released a record on Sub-Pop "Strike" and worked with Steve Albini towards the end of their career splitting in 1999.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Les Thugs - Radical Hystery

2 Comments:

Blogger jp said...

unfortunately the link is dead. Les Thugs were from my town (Angers), and I saw them several times on stage. Great band.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is the link dead ?? Re-up soon ??

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home