Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Beautiful Days Festival : August 17,18,19.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Summer, (what bloody Summer) is coming to an end & I get to go to my first festival of the year. The Levellers Beautiful Days Festival in Devon. It's a nice vibe there, like a little Glastonbury without all the commercial bollocks. Prices are reasonable and people are really friendly. Strange line-up this year KT Tunstall (WTF?), Gogol Bordello and Levellers headline the main stage. Must sees for me, along with Gogol Bordello, New Model Army, The Damned, Fishbone, R.D.F. and The Men They Couldn't Hang. The Levellers are playing the same time as The Damned which is a pain. Happened last year with Killing Joke playing same time as Julian Cope (saw Joke caught end of Cope) so i'll be running between stages I expect. See you when I get back people.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Levellers - Battle Of the Beanfield
See I said I come back to it.
Levellers - Subvert
Levellers cover the mighty Zounds.
The Damned - I Think I'm Wonderful
I do. And so is this. One of my favourite Damned tracks.
New Model Army - Smalltown England (Live)
One of the best live bands out there for my money. Ever. Go see Nuzz Prowling Wolf, and get a mighty fine live L.P. Say hello while your there. Laters Clarts.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jeronyme said...

C'mon... we all know it's Boney M you want to see!

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey john thanks for adding my link,still try,n to work out how to do that so will add a few of my fav blogs soon as i do cheers mate
winston

10:45 AM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

@J Boney M! I know. What the fuck is that all about. I hate fucking irony. Should take it old school like Reading back in the day and throw bottles of piss at the useless old duffers.

@ Winston. No probs clart. It's not like i'll be sending much traffic your way! It's looking promising so far with some nice stuff going up though.
thats nucleararmedhogs.blogspot.com
worth a look everyone.

1:29 PM  
Blogger gone said...

HEY JOHN,HOW DO I ADD YOUR BLOG TO MY PAGE,IT,S DOING MY HEAD I CANT DO IT,I GET ON THE PAGE TO DO IT AND I KEEP GETTING ERROR COME UP,BLAH

1:36 PM  
Blogger gone said...

finally worked it out i,ve added your blog and a few others i,m getting the hang of it slowly
winston

6:39 PM  
Blogger Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

Enjoy yerself john, shouldn't be to hard, ah yes the Reading piss bottle fights. Saw Meatloaf and Bonnie Tyler get a good soaking, along with the crowd one year.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Slobodan Burgher said...

Last year on my mates birthday we first saw Killing Joke at Astoria and then drunk as skunks managed (all 10 people of us, or so) get all the way up to Tuffnel park for Dirty Water club to see Buff Medways play (well the final 5 songs or so). Pretty good night too if from what I remember...hehe...

5:02 AM  
Blogger gone said...

HEY JOHN GOT A NEW POST UP CHECK IT OUT,

7:30 PM  
Blogger gone said...

THAT NEW MODEL ARMY TRACK IS COOL.WOTS IT OFF?NEVER CHECKED THEM OUT BEFORE,

4:33 PM  
Blogger gone said...

cheers for the email.i,ll look out for it.
do you do the my space thing?i just looked on this systems page to see if you were added

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home