Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

MDC - Shades Of Brown

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It would seem that MDC are over in this country again in April next year and are playing TJ's again. So to celebrate we'll have 'Shades Of Brown' from 1993 on 'WE Bite' records. My favourite MDC LP after the first one.
'Thanks for Giving Me What I Didn't Want' & 'Long Time Gone' I think are as good as anything off that first record. Shame to here about Mikey Offender recently as well. It's not been a great year.

Shades of Brown/Winter of 92/Someone's Behind You Again/This Land/Thanks for Giving Me What I Didn't Want/Greenwash/Slow, Stupid & Hungry/Hail Satan/Borrowed Time/Squat Dogs/Welfare Line/Spare Change/Real Food, Real People, Real Bullets/Long Time Gone/ Last Train to Castro/

MDC - Shades Of Brown

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great band, and also my second favourite MDC album too. 'Hail Satan' always brings a smile to my face.

I saw the band on their first Euro tour back in '82, supporting the DKs. My abiding memories of that night are 1) Me and my mate Rut were the only ones 'dancing' to MDC, everyone else seemed too shellshocked, 2) Trapper from PTTB was stripped naked by the rest of the band during their set but carried on like a real trooper, concealing his modesty behind his bass and 3) Jello Biafra gave me a nosebleed when he did his 'walk off the stage and onto the crowd' thing and fell head first into my face. PUNK AS FUCK! :D

Yeah, Mikey Offender's death robs us of another good 'un. Too many, too soon.

11:33 AM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

I can remember a few people going over to Bath for that gig. It was just a little too far for me at the time. Would love to have been there.
I think thry always stripped Trapper didn't they!
Saw them few months back in Bristol quite enjoyed them as it goes.
Yeah, we've lost too many goo uns this year.
Cheers for comments
J

10:02 PM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

Yes, nuzz. We know!
:)

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will download this the minute I get a minute. Great band, one of America's most important contributions to Political Punk. I interviewed Dave Dictor when I was a wee lad back in '85. Expected him to be a super serious puritanical type but he was a very laid back family guy, still with strong opinions though! Was lucky enough to see the second LP line up in the same year.

Sascha

2:06 AM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

Sascha,
it's nice when you meet people whoose work you like and they turn out to be cool people aint it. The reverse is also crushing!
Thanks for comments. As always! It's nice when someone comes back. Keeps you motivated.
J

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NEED TO REPOST
IT HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home