Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

New Model Army : Bristol Thekla Social 27/11/2007


Peroxide took a few more shots last night. I got to go to this gig though! New Model Army (obviously) Thekla Social, Bristol.
'I went fishing off this boat in Bristol once....' You finish it.

The Thekla Social is a great venue that's actually an old boat at dock. Only holds about 450 people on board. Great set and the atmosphere was brilliant.

Always a good crowd in Bristol & I got to see a few Bristol lads I used to follow New Model Army around with when I was younger.


Still the band that have meant the most to me in the world ever. You'll find numerous links littered around the blog. Cheers to Peroxide for the shots. Who is getting rather good at this I think. Hard to pick a few as she took 200 and something!

5 Comments:

Blogger Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

Yer daughters getting a dab hand with that camera. Great stuff, gives the blog a nice edge, must have been like 'back in the day' small venue, did ya wear yer clogs?

8:27 PM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

Nuzz,
She's took some great shots this last month. The Feeding & New Model Army gigs we had almost editorial meetings over, it was that hard to decide! She'll be chuffed that somomeone has bothered to comment on her photos. I really struggled with the New Model Armmy ones as there so many good ones.
Yeah! Kind of was like back in the day when the venue is so small you are going to meet people you aint seen in an age. Your talking like it was just last week and it was 18years ago. Scary shit.
No. No clogs involved. Strictly DM's or Stan Smiths these days. Still got a pair in the wardrobe though!
As it goes best gig i've seen them do in a while. Really on fire at the moment. One lad I know who still follows them round, was like 'He's got a second wind! He's the New Messiah that bloke' you need to here this in a thick Bristol accent for full affect.
I think you should have come to see New Model Army in Bristol with me than go and see Babyshambles in Wembley. No contest.
J

12:52 AM  
Blogger Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

Yeah I did think that, but Mrs Wolf thinks Pete's sexier than Justin.

4:25 PM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

What? LOL! What do women see in him? Answers please. Perhaps I should've done more drugs in my youth.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pamiętam New Model Army w Jarocinie w 1993 :)
zapraszam na :
"New Model Army

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home