Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

NOFX : 7 Inch of the Month Club 01 - February 2005

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Ain't updated or commented for a while due to a few technical hitches you know how it is.
Anyway, went to see NOFX in Bristol last night. I love NOFX live, the crowd banter, insults and general mayhem is always top notch. Last night they played the whole of 'The Decline' which running in at 18 minutes is no mean feat and they still kept the crowd with them. Maddest crowd i've seen in a while as it goes.
On an aside has anyone else noticed that since the smoking ban, gigs just stink of farts? Unbearable. I smoked for nearly seventeen years & gave up five years ago. Last night was rank. It stunk in there. I'd rather stink of stale tobacco any day.
Anyways, this is Number 1 of the '7 Inch of the Month Club' which NOFX ran back in 2005.

NOFX - Insulted By Germans (Again)
NOFX - Fanmail

5 Comments:

Blogger Slobodan Burgher said...

I know exactly what you mean. Smoked for about 15 years or so myself and gave up around the time of the damn ban -because we're having a babby and the mother of course have to lay off so I'm doing it too out of compassionate reasons (lol). But yeah, the Bad Brains show in London a few weeks ago was ABSOLUTELY TURD-ASTIC! And how much teenage boy sweat do you have to mingle with on teh way out from the clastrophobic Astoria? Jesus christ...I am nostaligic about stale tobacco stench already....

4:02 AM  
Blogger Slobodan Burgher said...

"babby" [sic]???

4:03 AM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

It's not just me then! LOL!
How were 'The Bad Brains' (adopts american accent, why do our colonial cousins always refer to them as 'The' Bad Brains?)
Fat Mike came on singing 'Complete Disorder' by Disorder in Bristol the other night, then said they'd never played Bristol before because Chaos UK were a bunch of posers. He then introduced their first song as better than any Disorder song ever. Very funny.
Cheers for comments Slobo. Always a pleasure.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Slobodan Burgher said...

Wow, that sounds almost not believable. NOFX playing Disorder cover? That is almost surrealistic! Chaos UK posers? No way! Btw, where I come we prounce it "No eFF-Kross" lol.

Yeah I saw only the last few songs of DIE Bad Brains because I was greedy and went to a free drinks film premier before. The band were for London very early on so I missed the start and then they only played about 35 minutes so...but for what I saw it was supergood.

Some pics / review of sort is here:

http://www.caughtinthecrossfire.com/music/live/5020

ps. cheated a bit at teh Wankys gig tonight and had 2 rollies - and it was fucking SPLENDID! but that is betweenyou and me ds

6:23 AM  
Blogger Slobodan Burgher said...

(errr this is what I meant: ...where I come from we pronounce it...)

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home