Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, December 07, 2007

Theatre Of Hate - Sounds 28/03/81

Just so we can all remember that not all journos are necessarily fans (hence the need for zines).Theatre Of Hate getting absolutely slaughtered in an album review for the live LP 'He Who Dares Wins'....Rodney.
'We're Theatre Of Hate, & we don't come from Peckham' might make sense to someone...
Is that a Seditionaries shirt I see there Mr. Stan Stammers? Oh, I think it is! Always wanted one of those.
For some great pre-Theatre Of Hate sounds, Brandon's first band, The Pack, pop over to Nuzz Prowling Wolf who has a truly excellent 'Best Of' posted. Includes some of my favourite ever tunes by Mr. Brandon. Can't recommend that enough.
Includes an early version of this, which when I first heard it on John Peel completely blew me away.
Theatre Of Hate - Legion

4 Comments:

Blogger Highlander said...

Probably fair to say Dave McCullough wasn't a big fan then...

10:46 PM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

Evil review aint it. God, what a way to make a living. Kicking the living shit out of someone making a record. This is why I loathe the mainstream press. I was a kid when I read this and did think hard about buying it. As it goes I think it's a really good live LP. Everyone is entitled to an opinion which is why the internet was invented... but bloody hell! What an arse... sorry. Still makes me angry... need tablets.
Ba-ro! Ba-ro!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

Harsh, very, very harsh, and totaly unjustified.

12:32 PM  
Blogger J Cridford said...

This writer is a clown: Not only is the phrasing poorly constructed, but he has done the two things I can't stand - being dismissive and making cheap, empty comparisons to other bands. I was not there at the time (I'm 23), but having met and chatted with Kirk, I can honestly say that I have seldom met a more intelligent, switched-on man. Nice chap too.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home