Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Henry Rollins - Bristol Colston Hall 27/01/08


Sorry for lack of updates of late, but we're running on half steam here.
Went to see Henry Rollins do his spoken word thing again on Sunday night. He talked for three hours and I wasn't bored once. The man is a legend. Some great anecdotes from his travels in some of the worlds perceived terrorist hot-spots. He was actually in Pakistan when Benazhir Bhutto was assassinated. Mix this in with some tales of his time rehearing then singing with The Ruts leading up to the death of Paul Fox, and some nice Nick Cave, Jello Biafra and David Lee Roth impersonations & your in for a good night.
Rollins was Black Flag. I'm not having it any other way. Top bloke. Makes you feel like a human being.
Did this little piece on Bush where he pronounces Mandela dead. Check out the vid.

The photo was the only decent shot we managed to get. We were way back mind.
This is one of my favourite Black Flag songs from 'In My Head'.
Black Flag - Retired At 21

4 Comments:

Blogger Slobodan Burgher said...

Two things come to mind, yes totally unasked for and totally irrelevant really but hey why not? I was reading some old zines the other day and one of them was from (I guess) 1988 or so and it carried a review of a Rollins spoken word gig. I never knew he'd been at it for so long...Second, I was sooooo stoked to see a flyer for a Rollins spoken word gig in the local coin-op laundry shop when I first moved to London back in circa the year of our dead lord 1998. Like: "I am sooo in punk town now!" Ha ha ha...

For some reason I never went to one of them things...

6:22 AM  
Blogger Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

One shots better than non john, Jello Biafra's spoken word stuffs good.Only saw Black Flag once, big fights Stevenage Skinheads, chairs, band and punks, or was that the Bad Brains one,probably both, aagh memories gone all nostalgic since posting a live Manufactured Romance one today, and seeing this just reminded me of other gigs. Thought we'd lost ya. Take Care.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

You alright there john, long time no postings?

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you'll come back....

Jeronyme.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home