Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday, July 24, 2008

English Dogs - All The World's A Rage

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

With a revovling door line up and shifts in styles over the years, the English Dogs have seemed to always been around. I love the early stuff, I enjoy the metal stuff. But, me favourite is 1995's 'All The World's A Rage'. Original vocalist Wakey's return to the band since those early days. It's catchy as hell, it has hooks galore, great lyrics. Overlooked LP. Give it a try.

1. Shoot Your Own Head Off
2. I've Got A Gun (Body Guard)
3. Last One Standing
4. This Is Not A War
5. Delete It
6. Out In The Cold
7. Wrecking Spree
8. Die Waiting
9. Under A Privare Attack
10. Fortress Europe
11. A Cog In Their Machine
12. Poor Air Quality
13. Be What You Are
14. Grass
15. Reduction Line
16. Body On The Line
17. Disarm

English Dogs - All The World's A Rage

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

interested in seeing wot this is like as the first album i had of theirs was one of those 'metal' albums which did not like at all...did kinda like their early stuff ie psycho killer...left me for dead etc..so thanx for this.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

sAW 'EM Once or was it twice? dunno but big skinhead fight at the one in Stevenage, aah skinheads, those where the days, think the agro was more a reflection on Stevenage than The English Dogs. Good to have ya back John.

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It reminds me that I wanted to buy their "Bow To None" album (released on a german label in 1994)... it's about time now!!! (I'm suffering from a severe procrastination syndrom!).
You obviously can post the Terminus LP .
As for guest posts.... you're taking risks John!!!! No seriously it's your blog, it's got a strong identity and somehow I feel uncomfortable... people are looking for your posts, your comments, your tone. May sound silly I know... I'll gladly provide you with links every now and then... still... here's my e-mail:
jeronyme@gmail.com

Cheers.!

Jeronyme.

8:14 PM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

Hi Nuzz,
Nice to be back. I've only been to Stevenage once for a gig, Culture Shock & Blyth Power, either 87 or 88 i think. I lived in Wycombe for a few years as a kid (Skinhead central at the time, ahh The Anchor pub) and Stevenage felt like a decent jaunt. Cracking night I seem to remember. All I remember about the venue was that it was opposite a big concrete multi storey. Good gig though!
J

10:32 PM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

Hi J,
I dont think it's got a strong identity at all. It looks like all the other 'black blogs' out there. I've always liked Nuzz's red thing he has going on with all that cut & paste malarkey.
I think the stuff you did on Sounds Fair would fit right alongside anything on here. I don't think it's a risk in the slightest. Honestly i'm not at all precious about it. :)As you know, most people dont give a shit what your writing about anyway, there just looking for free tunes.
Sent you an e-mail through blogger to post stuff. Not sure how it works. I'm sure we'll work it out. :)
J

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mate,
the album is my favorite too, and i just wanted to ask you if you know where i could find the lyrics of the songs. i found the lyrics for i've got a gun and shoot your own head off, but not the rest. i can't really understand the whole songs so i if you know any song i would appreciate if you would post it.

cheers

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home