Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, August 31, 2008

1919 - Caged/After The Fall

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

What were they putting in the water in Bradford during the early eighties? Loads of bands i've loved come from here. New Model Army, Anti-System, Southern Death Cult, (don't forget the 1 in 12 mob) & this lot 1919.
Tribal drums (you know where i'm going). Brilliant stuff, I first heard on Peel. I think 'After The Fall' the flip on this was the first track I heard. Go to 'Cactus Mouth Informer' to get the last release, which includes probably my favourite track, 'Can This Be Real'.
If your lucky, Jeronyme may fill you in a bit more.
'The Official 1919 website' is a fine thing as well. Go have a look. Lyrics, photos, press cuttings, discog....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1919 - Caged

8 Comments:

Blogger Highlander said...

Not forgetting the CD reissue on Cherry Red - currently out of stock, shit.

9:13 PM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

I know, dozy bastards. Still if the people like what they hear. You can find most of it 'out there' H. As it should be. Love to get hold of the Peel Session as well, which I used to have but ploughing through thousands of hours of hissing tapes can sometimes get a bit irksome. Having kids can sometimes put pay to years of methodical catolouges. Just one of those things we love the little treasues for. :)
Come down in the morning, 'Look Daddy, Crunchies wearing a wig!'
And you treasured' 'Crass live at Swansea' bootleg is wrapped round the dog. Bless 'em. :)
J

9:44 PM  
Blogger Pogel said...

My kids have been pretty good, now the dog that's a different matter. Would could be so tasty with the Disrupters LP? Back to 1919 my favourite is the "Repulsion" 7". If I ever get my computer stereo link back up I'll post it. I'll look for the Peel session too.

12:09 AM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

Hi pogel,
nice of you to drop in. Been dropping in at yours for a while now. Shame you can't get your audio probs sorted out as you've posted some quality stuff there. Bit of love for Anhrefn is always nice to see!
As for your dog eating your 'Disrupters' LP maybe he was just exercising a bit of quality control. :) One of those LP's I loathed at the time, but now quite like, as it goes. :) Bit like the 'Butcher' 7 inch. Be great to hear that Peel session again if you can get hold of it. But always remember to get the dog 'In your fuckin' basket!' & lock the door before you go to bed.
J

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya

Have a look at the official 1919 website!!!

www.web1919.tk

Lots of pix, lyrics, biography etc

7:35 PM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

Cheers anon.
I've updated the post with your link. Nice site. Nice one.
J

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great stuff man, keep moving this way...

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The writer of punksonpostcards.blogspot.com has written a superior article. I got your point and there is nothing to argue about. It is like the following universal truth that you can not disagree with: If it looks complex, it is. I will be back.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home