Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hagar The Womb - Sounds April 20th 1985


Nice little piece on Hagar The Womb, from Sounds in 1985, and an excuse to re-post the Peel Session.
Spirited Anarcho Punk from the Mortarhate signed band. 'Song Of Deep Hate' I think is particulary good on this. As mentioned in the accompanying article.

TX - 20/02/1984
Producer - Dale Griffin
Engineer - Peter Watts
Studio - Maida Vale 5

Tracks
Today's Miss World/Armchair Observer/By Force/A Song Of Deep Hate

Line Up
Chris Knowles (Drums)
Mitch Flacko (Bass)
Paul Harding (Guitar)
Janet Nassim (Guitar)
Ruth Ellis (Vocals)
Karen Amden (Vocals)
Elaine Rubens (Vocals)

Hagar The Womb - Peel Session

2 Comments:

Blogger Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

Aaah! The days when the music press was about the music and bands and not so much the adverts and selling the rock'n'roll lifestyle. I still buy NME, but you can read it in 5 minutes and be left wanting. Check out THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM if you get a chance, (posted a couple on the blog)for once the NME may get it right, best American band I've heard for ages. I do like the new Punks on Postcards, it does indeed Sound Fair, some top quality shit. I've got a little something I'm gonna post for you when I get my arse in gear now I've sorted out computer issues with audacity, a Herts and Essex HSA Benefit tape with a live Cowboy Killers tune, well an Elvis one originaly I think.

5:05 PM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

Hi Nuzz,
I gave up on the NME a good while back. I only ever buy it now when there is a free CD on the cover. I buy the monthly's now and then and the ocasional Kerrang!
Like the Gaslight Anthem stuff. Tis a bit Social D. Seem to remember that tape, was it a Square Club thing?
Yes it's great having Jeronyme posting on here as well. I always loved his blog, and it's like a really nice surprise when he's done a post. Thanks for dropping in.
J

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home