Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

VA - Oi! Punks On Postcards

















Ok, you know the deal with this. You go into Asda/HMV/Insert your own favourite conglomarate/ 3 CD's of a said genre for a fiver! Bargain! Your sucked in. Take it home. yup, love this track, then four tracks of garbage live/demo/unbearable shite.
Following on from the 'Positive Punks On Postcards' post, I give you, 'Oi! Punks On Postcards'. Same rules applied. 3 discs skimmed down to one listenable.
If you think it's heavy on The Partisans, it's because I love The Partisans, my rules.
The cover on this features a 17 year old Mr Liedown, (suffering from a severe case of helmet hair, if only I had those problems now) & his good friend Mr. M. O'Leary stood behind some lovely Vespas on their way to a scooter run, early eighties.
Great stuff on this, three blinding Partisans tracks, if you've never heard 'Case' you should (should have been huge), my favourite 4-Skins track (clockwork skinhead), the very funny 'Violence In Our Minds' by the Last Resort, 77 legends Menace.... ahh bollocks. It's a cracking comp. Serious. You need this. Click rear cover for full listing.















VA - Oi! Punks On Postcards

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, another great download

9:24 AM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

Cheers Anon!

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could have been the tracklist of one of my good old and cherished compilation tape...
The kind of stuff that converts you to Oi/Punk Rock...

Jeronyme.

6:33 PM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

You can't beat a good old comp tape J! Glad you liked line up. Can't go wrong with this stuff really. I was always a massive Sham fan, so Oi! was never a big leap for me. :) or Crass for that matter. :)
J

10:59 PM  
Blogger vulture said...

Nice one John :-) This should've had an official release lol...takes me back to the 100 club , the sorta stuff that would've got played inbetween bands before the main band came on and all hell let loose lol

6:53 PM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

Never got to the 100 club (the original one anyway) which is always one of those notches on the bedpost i'll always regret. Saying that though, the first time I went to The Marquee, I was like... is that it? I s'pose you associate the club with it's history & stuff. I'm sure a few people have been let down by The Legendary TJ's, but i've had some of the best nights of my life there!
Waffling again! :)
Yeah, it's certainly of it's time though. Whether you label it Oi! or not it dont really matter. There were some great bands on those first four Oi! albums. Strength thru Oi! still remaining my favourite.
Cheers for comment. Keep up the good work at yours.
J

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home