Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Whatever - Snacktime

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Whatever, from Cleveland, and signed to Dr. Strange Records. This 4 track 7 inch E.P. came out in 1996. They split up, with various members joining bands such as Neon King Kong, Teenage Knockouts and the Chargers Street Gang. It would seem drummer Matt Fish is now a restaurateur. Nice E.P. this, mid paced with snotty vocal style. If Stiff Little Fingers had come from Cleveland instead of Belfast.... you get the picture.
Click covers to go to Dr. Strange site..

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tracks :- Seek & Annoy/Peterman/No One Home/The Metro

Whatever - Snack Time

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks
it remember me that time when I bought those dr strange records amongst numerous "pop-punk" records, and seeing these as a guilty pleasure : I tought it'll never stand the test of time. but more than ten years after I can listen to it and it sounds as fresh as ever. from Whatever, I only knew the great "no one home". now I can hear that the others songs are great too and I want to thank you again for this post.

9:32 PM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

Hi laurent,
Glad you enjoyed it. It's quite often I post stuff cos i'll sit down with a pile of old 7 inch singles & stick 'em on & think. Bloody hell! That still sounds alright. There is an edge to this single which I like, in an SLF early Op Ivy vein. I dunno, I thought it deserved to be out there anyway. Cheers again for the Sleeper/Serpico comment.
J

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home