Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Members - Offshore Banking Business

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Now, along with Spizz, I give you another sorely underrated band of the late 70's early eighties. The Members. Given the current climate, i'm surprised no one else has dug out this old gem. If one of them died, or they looked a bit more 'punk' i'm sure they would have been re veered as much as The Ruts or The Clash. Everyone knows 'Sound Of The Suburbs', nice enough as it is, but The Members had some cracking tunes. When you cash your giro this week, go out & buy a Best Of The Members C.D. It's better than spending it on cheap cider. Trust me. Ok... if you've got anything left over, buy 2 litres of 'Frosty Jacks', chuck in the old C.D. and let yourself be entertained.

Tracks:- Offshore Banking Business/Solitary Confinement

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Members - Offshore Banking Business

Now I can never listen to 'Solitary Confinement' without mixing up the words with the great cover version by Newtown Neurotics, 'Living With Unemployment'. (how apt) If you know the tune you know what I mean. If you don't, have a listen.

Newtown Neurotics - Living With Unemployment

From the fantastic Urgh! a Music War, film. The Members live, with 'Offshore Banking Business'.

3 Comments:

Blogger Punkzer0 said...

Hi John, I love the members and have most of their stuff, but was very (pleasantly) surprised to hear the Newtown Neurotics song. I had never hear of it before, and love it. So thanks for that.

All the best, Gary

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Don't Push" is still one of me favourites.... perfect to put me in the right mood when a bit drunk!!!

Jeronyme.

7:00 PM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

Jeronyme! Mate! I was starting to get worried! Nice to have you back, seriously.

garyching,
glad you like the Neurotics version. That first LP of theirs is excellent and well worth your time should you come across it.

The Members I do feel have been overlooked quite a bit. The first LP inparticular I think is as good as it ever gets.
J

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home