Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Drive - My World/This Aint No Picnic

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Now, Eclectic Rhythm has posted some great Minutemen bootlegs and rare stuff of late. Which got me thinking of this 7 inch by Drive, a great little combo from the early nineties. Featuring two cover versions of SST bands, and produced by Frankie Stubbs of Leatherface. It came free with their L.P. On it we have 'This Aint No Picnic' originally by the Minutemen, & 'My World' of course by the mighty Descendents. You know with Mr. Stubbs driving the cab, it's worth the ride.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Drive - My World/This Aint No Picnic

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frankie Stubbs is El Hombre Numero Uno in my book. Great talent and from the ten minutes I spent talking to him pre-gig in Boston circa 1998 a heck of a nice guy to boot.

Anyone who doesn't love The Minutemen ain't got ears!

12:53 AM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

Ha! :)
Mr. Stubbs is a top man indeed. 'Mush' is easily one of my favourite ever records.
J

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home