Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Rancid - 6/11/08

















Went to see Rancid on Thursday night. Fine gig it was to. Support from Clash inspired The Exposed & one of the U.K.'s premier Oi! outfits, Argy Bargy. Watford Jon clearly had a great time and they went down a storm which was nice to see.
Now Rancid are not everyone's cup of tea I know. But live they are simply stunning. It's a rare day i'd ever think of putting 'Ruby Soho' on the turntable, but when you hear it live with a few other thousand people going bananas, it's a real joy. They dedicated 'Old Friend' to Roddy of The Oppressed who was apparently there somewhere in the melee. Top night.
Rancid probably have more official free MP3 downloads out there than any other band on the planet. Which I think is highly commendable. Click picture for official site.
Oh yeah, I am over 14. So I got in, no problem.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 Comments:

Blogger Nazz Nomad said...

Matt Freeman is the best punk bassist ever.

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw 'em a couple of days before this when they played Bristol. Yeah, it's playschool punk, but it's still great to sink a couple of beers, jump around and just not give a shit for a couple of hours once in a while. Especially when you're really old enough to know better. Rancid filled that role pretty well on the night.

durruti

PS: I've been neglecting my regulars a little bit, and I didn't realise quite how busy you've been. Top work! I feel shamed...

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home