Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Use - And Then? E.P.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Another one of those records in my collection, I know next to nothing about. Other than it was recorded 19 years ago today (thanks to the sleeve) and was released on Shakin' Street records. Who released some cool stuff over here (my pressing of the first Queers L.P. is on this label). Sounds like a cross between the Folk Devils & The Stingrays, but rawer. Anyone know anything drop us a comment.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Use - And Then?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Use were a pop punk band from the wirral area of merseyside, active in the late eighties/early nineties. They were very similar to other local bands like drive but never got the same exposure. the only other released stuff that i know of is a mini lp "dov it tomorrow". I`ve been thinking bout setting a blog up for this type of band, will let you know what its called etc when i set it up

12:54 AM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

Cheers markiered,
I only knew about the label 'Shakin Street' who relesed stuff over here on licence by bands like The Queers & Angry Samoans. Like I say I don't remember how or when I got this. Just like the single. I may have even seen them at one point, which could explain the purchase. :)
Still get a Folk Devils vibe from it. Drive, I thought were a great band. But i'm a huge Frankie Stubbs fan!
Would love to see more blogs out there that give a bit more exposure to some of this lost stuff. I'd love to hear the mini L.P. when you set your blog up, give us a shout!
Cheers,
J

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home