Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Vibes - The Inner Wardrobes Of Your Mind 12"




Considered by many as Vibes' masterpiece (still have a soft spot for their first EP though... check out the archives). Their cover version of 60's Punk classic "I"m In Pittsburgh And It's Raining" was featuring on John Peel's 1985 Festive Fifty. There is a Peel session dating from that year too.
Fantabulous stuff!

Side A: I Hear Noises + I'm In Pittsburgh...
Side B: Hasil Adkins In My Head + Scratch My Back

The Vibes - The Inner Wardrobes Of Your Mind 12"

6 Comments:

Blogger ALTCERF said...

It's my first time here -- great blog!

12:45 AM  
Blogger Jeronyme said...

Glad you enjoy it!

Jeronyme.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeronyme - Thanks a lot for this, I had problems unpacking the 7'' version you posted so to have the full 12'' version ( I used to have this myself ) is great. they were one of the stand out bands from the whole psycho/garage/punkabilly scene I think.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't heard this for years, thanks for putting up. Brought back very happy memories of the Clarendon Hotel in Hammersmith where I saw the Vibes back in 85.

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh the 'Club Foot' they really were the days! I used to have this back then, its got lost. Is it still available anywhere?

9:54 PM  
Blogger DoctorBastardo said...

Sleeve art + 80s LSD/Shrooms etc etc was fun even when too wasted to put the record on. I ripped it onto tape for the next psychedelic experience. Enjoy alongside Cramps, Fuzztones, Stingrays even JAMC and Cabs Nag Nag Nag if my home taping skills in esoterica aint drifted off yet. Awesome 12" Once again championed by Peely on the then cooler radio 1!!!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home