Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Monday, March 09, 2009

D.O.A. - The Only Thing Green

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Have I told you how much I love D.O.A. before? Probably.
One of my most surreal Punk Rock experiences was being stood next to Joey Shithead while this was happening on a big screen.

17 November 1993, Wales are a penalty kick from their first World Cup finals in 35 years. Up steps Paul Bodin ... 'When the penalty was awarded, their goalkeeper, Florin Prunea, grabbed the ball and gave it a good-luck kiss. I wiped it away, put the ball on the spot, and decided to put it in the top left-hand corner as powerfully as I could. I ran up and struck it cleanly. I watched it all the way and it looked good until it seemed to change trajectory at the last second. It crashed against the bar. Just two inches lower and we would have been winning.'

As it was, there were still 30 minutes to find a winner but it never happened.
'Yes Joey, like hockey..... but more important!'

Tracks:-
The Only Thing Green/Folsom Prison

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

D.O.A. - The Only Thing Green

1 Comments:

Blogger icastico said...

Saw these guys in El Paso Tx back in 1983...one of the best punk shows ever. Thanks.

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home