Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Resort - 1989 LP




I still recall my first impressions/reactions toward this LP when it came out in... 1989 (but you've guessed it I suppose)...
Considering the cover...
"What the hell! Roi Pearce* with long hair! Hairesy! Betrayal!"
Then playing the record...
"What the hell (or was it "fuck" can't clearly remember the exact term... well you get the idea anyway)!!! Heavy Metal riffs! Sacrilege! Blasphemy! They turned into a long hair dandruffy filthy heavy metal shit band!"
And I actually liked it!!!
The album stood the test of time very well.... 20 years.... hard to believe... I didn't change that much really and basically that's what scares me !!!!

* if you're ignorant of Oistory (we do have an educational purpose then!!!)... Roi Pearce was singer for THE cult Skinhead band Last Resort and then joined Oi! legends the 4 Skins....

thelastresort-myspace



The Resort

4 Comments:

Anonymous Sir Head said...

And as it happens the Last Resort have a new album out in May and having been privelidged to hear it before it comes out ita a fucking corker - Out on the lash with our mates and if ya dont wanna kicking then you better stay out of our way - new lyrics, new song, sorted clasasic Resort

12:42 AM  
Blogger Longy said...

Am I the only one who had to turn on the ex HD and check to see if I already have an album or not?

It appears not so for education purposes only,I'll try it : - )

Thanks Jeronyme

7:44 PM  
Blogger kennyhel77 said...

I love this album!!!
Ken

12:51 AM  
Blogger Sascha said...

I liked this when it came out. I still like it.

Sometimes old punks and skins churn out abominably sad nonsense to hold onto their youth. Sometimes they mature into something that's both graceful and a good listen. This falls into the latter category.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home