Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Apocalypse Babys - Local Heroes EP




No easy task for a Punk band to start in the early 90's... by then the 80's Punk/Oi! revival/reforming hysteria/money grabbing flu had already started. The promoters and the labels paid obviously much more attention to the "legends" of the past. You were a shitty band in the glorious era of the UK 82 wave... you still were shitty in the 90's... well you just headlined any Punk gigs...
This is not a rip from the original EP here but it's taken from their CD "7" Plus"... as you've guessed it a collection of their EP's.
I think it shows the talent of this band well... put Ramones and GBH in a mixer and... enjoy!

01. Jacqueline
02. Local Hero
03. Drug Run To Lille

LOCAL HEROES EP

6 Comments:

Blogger Longy said...

Loving the track you stuck up and looking forward to downloading the rest. Mediafire is on one at the moment though!

Great stuff. Thanks Jeronyme.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Jeronyme said...

Yeah I had a bit of trouble with mediafire today too. You should like the whole EP... "Drug Run To Lille" is my favourite one though...

Thanx for your comments Longy as always... really makes the whole blogging thing worthwhile...

J.

7:43 PM  
Blogger gazzpunk said...

Irrelevant fact No.1 - I used to get the train from Grantham-Nottingham (only a few years back) and the guitarist (Nick, I think it was) was bigging up his band, never heard them before this....not bad at all if I may say so...I can see why he championed them....is he still in the band these days??

9:58 PM  
Blogger Longy said...

Well I do like it all so you were right :-) Singers voice reminds me of Stiv Bators a bit on the first 2songs. 3rd track is best though I agree.

As for comments,unlike alot of people I cannot just pillage a blog without saying thanks. I feel the same way as you regarding comments and they do make it worthwhile.

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as I know it's a guy named Jools on guitar now... seems to be quite a character!!!

Jeronyme.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Nick is back in the band after a spell away. Jools finally succumbed to the drink and managed to drowned himself in a bottle of white lightening.

Many regards and thanks.
Nick.

Find us here.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Apocalypse-Babys/152578491466819?fref=ts

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home